Ever since our company was founded in 1870, it has been making hard-wearing, industrial-grade tiles in Bad Essen, near the German city of Osnabrück. The installation of a Hoffman kiln provided the foundation for successful ceramic production. The production facility was continuously improved and extended in the course of the ensuing decades. We are grateful to Heinrich Bitter for our more recent successes, as it was he who, as the committed proprietor, expanded the range from the 1960s onwards with the construction of new production kilns and, in the year 2001, a stoneware production plant. Argelith continues to observe its unbroken tradition of innovation
Argelith has been a recognized specialist in industrial-grade tiles for many decades. This degree of specialization does not in any way rule out having a wide range of products, however. In fact we have always made an effort to fulfill our customers’ needs for new products wherever possible. When it comes to developing products for the most demanding of requirements, the milestones over the years include clinker tiles in thicknesses of 16 mm and more (1965), special clinker tiles for industrial floors with outstanding technical specifications (1969), innovative colors based on new firing processes (1973 and 1988), robust stoneware items (2001) and our Dekortec “designer” range (2005).